Monday, October 01, 2007

The story behind the zissst....

Just in case you are wondering. Ian is a big fan of Junie B. Jones. (Such a big fan that we read three entire books yesterday!) So, there is a Junie B. Jones called The Mushie Gushie Valentine. Long story short: Meanie Jim sends Junie B. an anonymous valentine. Later she finds out and they decide they like one another. They start playing this game where they zissst each other. You know, they chase each other around and then when they touch, it's like an electric shock and they yell out, "zissst!" Ian liked the idea and started it up with Abby. (I hear she's a darling little red head.) I said, "Maybe she hasn't read the book. Does she know what zissst means?"
He replied, "I told her it means I love her." Okay. Just so we are clear.

So, just to be funny last night as we walked home from blogging I said, "Why don't you ever zissst me? Don't you like me?"
He says, "I really, really, really like you. But I really, really, really, really like Abby. One more really. So I zissst her, not you."

Fabulous. Less than a month into school and I'm already not the most important woman in his life. It's going to be a long 12 years!

No comments: